Established in 1919 by Frank Hall and Alfred Tomlinson, Tomlinson Hall started life as a general engineering company and progressively over almost a century evolved into an organisation which is now recognised as one of Britain’s most respected pump manufacturers and distributors internationally, specialising in pumps, power transmission equipment and engineering supplies.
Founder members of the PDA, the company remains family controlled and spans three generations of engineering heritage within the North East of England. Tomlinson Hall has witnessed much within its nine decades of operation in the wider world, such as the social and technological changes brought about by the Second World War, changes in manufacturing and process, and alterations to and the establishment of international trade agreements, and has also experienced changes internally such as changes in the corporate and legal structure of the business.
1997 marked a new chapter for Tomlinson Hall as Tony Keville, the grandson of founder Alfred Tomlinson, was appointed Chairman and Managing Director. Under his leadership the company moved premises in August 2006, from Stockton to Cowpen Lane Industrial Estate in Billingham and at that time commenced the first sole UK distributorship agreement for Crane ChemPharma Solutions.
Tomlinson Hall now occupies the trusted position of distributor for many international principals including Grundfos, Mono, Alfa Laval, John Crane and Lowara and manufactures of Liquivac, a fast, self-priming liquid ring vacuum pump, with twin start helical rotor capable of pumping fine solids, liquid, air and foams, a revealation to many industry sectors including leisure and tourism, sea water extraction, land reclamation, distilleraries and brewing.